Smart Grid Clock
The SyncServer® S100 is a GPS network time server designed for small and medium sized enterprises that require extremely accurate and reliable time delivered to their clients, servers and workstations from a highly-responsive NTP service over a iPv4 or iPv6 compliant network.
The SyncServer® SGC-1500 Smart Grid Clock is designed for the specific requirements of power utility substations; supporting existing network equipment and ready for IEC 61850 Smart Grid applications. Using the IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol, the SGC-1500 enables microsecond timing accuracy essential to the Smart Grid.
The Symmetricom® SyncServer® SGC-1500 Smart Grid Clock is designed specifically for the migration of power utility substations to the Smart Grid. It delivers the timing required by traditional substations as well as the new smart substations.
The SGC-1500 is ideally suited to synchronise automated operations that increase efficiency and respond instantly to conditions that threaten outages. The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61850 standard for electrical substation automation requires microsecond timing accuracy for applications such as wide area measurement systems, traveling wave fault locators, and sample values. The SGC-1500 is an IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP) Grandmaster supporting the IEEE defined Power Profile that is optimized for time distribution over the substation local area network.
- PTP Grandmaster, Power Profile IEEE C37.238-2011
- Multiple gigabit Ethernet network ports
- Multiple time code and pulse outputs
- Internal GPS receiver accurate to <50 nanoseconds to UTC
- Time code generator supports IRIG-B, IEEE C37.1181-2011
- Secure web based management
- Electromagnetic compatibility hardened to IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613-1
- NERC CIP compliant
- Dual DC power inputs
- Rubidium oscillator, option
- PTP Telecom Profile input, option
- Telecom T1/E1 sync outputs, option
- Smart substation master clock: accurate, secure and reliable
- Synchronise IEDs, PMUs, merging units, meters
- Compatible with IEC 61850 station and process bus
- Support for existing substation timing allows migration to Smart Grid