Time & Timing in Packet Networks
The Chronos Synchronisation MasterClass is continuously evolving to keep up with changes in various industries and to ensure we deliver the latest information about time and timing in communication networks.
Networks are changing from traditional TDM technology to packet technology and the course material has been updated to include the latest developments in time, frequency & phase generation and transfer including updates from the Standards groups where new metrics are being proposed to address packet-based synchronisation techniques. Synchronisation requirements for next-generation fixed and wireless networks will be discussed.
The next Sync MasterClass session scheduled to take place at Chronos Technology is 5 & 6 July 2017.
Chronos can also deliver the MasterClass in-house both in the UK and overseas. Please call +44 (0)1594 862200 for more information.
The MasterClass course can be tailored to meet specific client needs, but will include the following essential elements:
- Pre-Course Question Session
- Introduction to Network Sync
- Fundamental Principles of Synchronisation
- Standards – ITU, IEEE & IETF
- Time & Phase Synchronisation (NTP and IEEE1588-2008 PTPv2)
- Synchronisation Elements
- Synchronisation Quality Metrics & Testing
- Core Networks Synchronisation over SDH, DWDM, OTN and SyncE
- Synchronisation techniques for packet based Networks (IEEE 1588-2008 PTPv2, ACR, NTP)
- Mobile Network Sync 2G to 4G
- Architecture & Planning
- Post Course Questions
It is assumed that attendees have a basic understanding of telecommunications transmission including an overview of SDH and PDH.
The course is suitable for:
- Sale and Bid Preparation staff
- Network Planners and Architects
- Engineers and Technicians
- Operations and Maintenance staff
- Customer Liaison staff
- Network Management staff
- Senior Line Management of staff involved with sync issues